[time-nuts] * * * BOB CAMP - YOUR POLLS * * *

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Mar 27 02:18:23 UTC 2011

Hi

Actually the whole idea was to *decrease* the signal to noise. We have lots of project ideas come up. Each time the whole issue of parts that can / should / could / might / may be used is hashed out in great detail. Much of it revolves around assembly issues. However it's tough to sort out the assembly / parts comments from the "don't need one of those" replies.

If there's information about what people want / wish / can do ahead of time - that makes the whole project process a *lot* easier. If the information is out for everybody to look at, the whole "spin" thing on the results is minimized. If this is all done off list and then simply reported in three lines, it's fine for me. Not much use to the list as a whole.

If indeed having this go on for less than one day on the list is to "non technical" for the group as a whole - I'm quite surprised. To me it appears that we head off on things far less related than this for far longer. The original comment appears to me to be a personal attack.

Bob