[time-nuts] WWVB Measurements

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Mar 28 01:03:03 UTC 2011

brooke at pacific.net said:
> John Mills (THE NTP guru) has written a number of papers on and built
> examples of a matched filter type receiver for the HF station WWV, but  the
> ideas would also be applicable to a WWVB receiver.  The performance  he gets
> from WWV would knock your socks off so I expect a WWVB version  would be
> even better.  In addition there are some things that could be  done to
> improve it.

I assume you mean Dave Mills rather than John.
  http://www.ece.udel.edu/~mills/index.html

He's basically given up on WWVB.  In his area, there is too much crap around
60 KHz, mostly from switching power supplies.
  http://lists.ntp.org/pipermail/questions/2003-August/000106.html
  http://lists.ntp.org/pipermail/questions/2006-April/009958.html