[time-nuts] FE-5680A Mechanical Question

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 19:22:42 UTC 2012

Silabs has a uC, I think it is the C8051F350 but I may be wrong, that has a 24 bit ADC with 1-128 gain PGA and offset DAC (and two 8 bit DACs).

Most their chips are available already soldered to a small development board called Toolstick that typically costs $10. You will also need a $20 base Adapter (the USB programmer/debugger)

You can use the demo Keil compiler, but it is severely crippled, so instead I recommend the free SDCC.

Silabs has lots of sample software for their chips, and an excellent (free) IDE/debugger that supports Keil, SDCC and other compilers.

I do have an article on the wiki on my web site about it www.ko4bb.com

I also have a page about a simple audio generator using an 8051 as DDS on my web site that describes the tools I use and how to configure the IDE for SDCC.

Didier KO4BB

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless thingy while I do other things...