[time-nuts] FE-5680A won't lock

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jan 19 17:11:06 UTC 2012

Hi

The adjustment process is a bit slow. You need to get the VCXO into a range
that it will lock *and* wait for the lock circuit to acquire the atomic
resonance. The lock circuit takes "a while" to do this. I haven't timed the
FE's, but tens of seconds is not uncommon. Given the low resolution trimmer,
the proper setting may be easy to go right past.

Bob