[time-nuts] Leap Second on Datum ExacTime 6000...Oh well...

Bert, VE2ZAZ ve2zaz at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 1 00:44:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

This is to report the behavior of my Datum ExacTime 6000 unit dealing with the leap second. I think the behavior shows the age of the unit (around year 2000). It has firmware DT102E.

- It showed two "58" seconds, that would be the leap second insertion...

- It showed a "60" second... what? That made it two leap seconds...

- It skipped the "05" second of the following minute to subtract the extraneous leap second added above...

I have captured this on video and will likely put that on Youtube for those who may be interested. I captured CHU's audio in the background. By the way, CHU's transmitted data was an extra tick for the "60" second.

Regards,

Bert, VE2ZAZ