[time-nuts] GPS and Rubidium frequency standards and noise question (newbie).

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 20:12:28 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Chris Wilson <chris at chriswilson.tv> wrote:

> 03/06/2012 19:09
>
> ...My immediate need is to check some used
> test equipment I have bought, a Racal dana 9908 counter and a Marconi
> 2019A signal generator. They don't agree with one another! I was going
> to get a Thunderbolt unit and PS, but my friend mentioning noise got
> me worried.

A Thunderbolt is pretty much a turn-key solution for you.  Just add an
atenna and power supply.  On thing is you can both of those to be good.
 The PS should be a "clean" and the antenna needs to have a full view of
the entire sky for best result.

Here is some real date on the Thunderbolt.  You can decide if it is noisy
or not (noisy being a relative term.)http://www.ke5fx.com/tbolt.htm

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California