[time-nuts] Sayrosa 607B Frequency Synthesizer

Mike Millen mike.millen.uk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 09:38:26 UTC 2012

This unit is a part of the UK's Diplomatic Wireless Service's "Piccolo" HF RTTY network.

I have acquired one of these & am trying to get it working.
It accepts a 10MHz (or 1 or 5) reference & the output can be set to any frequency between 3MHz & 29,999,900Hz, in 100Hz steps.

My unit is showing a "Fault" LED on the display, which I believe is inhibiting the output. I can see a varying frequency at the o/p socket, but only a few mV, not the 1v into 50R as is normal.

I suspect that the fault indication is because there's nothing plugged into either the "Keying Frequency Control Input" nor the "Carrier Frequency Control Input" sockets.  (There's also a "V.F. Inputs" & "Carrier Output (BCD)" sockets.)

Can anyone help with a manual or connection details for the 2 input sockets, please?

Many thanks,
Mike
M0MLM