[time-nuts] Efratom MFS system

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Nov 25 16:15:52 UTC 2012

At a recent hamfest, I picked up an interesting looking Efratom "Made in
Germany" MFS modular frequency standard system.  It's basically a GPS
disciplined FRK Rubidium with XO fail-over and a whole bunch of RF and
PPS outputs, in a *very* heavy box.

I've had a chance to play with it a bit and take some measurements, and
was able to find some (but not a lot) of documentation on the web.  I've
put it all at http://www.febo.com/pages/efratom_mfs/index.html for your
viewing pleasure.

One thing I'd like to learn more about is how the "MDC" fail-over
controller works, and also how to adjust the MXO backup crystal
oscillator -- the "Adjust XTAL" indicator on mine is on the edge of
being lit, but I haven't been able to find any way to trim the OCXO.
The GPSDRb is working just fine, though.

John