[time-nuts] Best counter setting for ADEV?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Oct 2 21:04:54 UTC 2012

Hi

All the signals into the GPS are Doppler shifted. The satellites are all
moving and thus you get a variety of carrier frequencies. There is no one
carrier to lock to. Each one gets a separate mathematical solution relative
to the sampling clock.

Yes, you can steer the LO towards the "center" of the solution. At that
point you have a GPSDO. Much easier / cheaper to simply report the output of
the math...

Bob