[time-nuts] GPS antenna??

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 8 17:29:43 EDT 2013

Hi David yes its ferro-concrete which makes quite a good screen (a lot worse
than domestic brick) but the windows are not coated I think. (BT Labs at
Martlesham)

Thanks all for some thought stimulating ideas .....GPSDO outside might not
be too easy....1U rack case mains powered....no power available outside but
10MHz (or 5MHz in this case) coupling through wall or window is a lot easier
if I had a battery powered unit.....I have a feeling there may be battery
back-up terminals on it must get the book out.

The windows are SW I think but give a good view of a quadrant of the sky. It
will be interesting to see how long it takes to lock up compared with an
outside antenna.

Thanks and Best Wishes
Alan
G3NYK