[time-nuts] 10 MHz clock distribution for the lab

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Apr 18 16:04:38 EDT 2013

caf at omen.com said:
> I have a FlexRadio 1500, Racal 1992 counter, HP 3586, Advantest U3641, and
> Gigatronics 6061A daisy-chained off my Thunderbolt.  Don't throw out those
> BNC T connectors.

I thought most boxes would have an internal 50 ohm terminator so at first,
I'm a bit surprised that it works.

If cables are short (which is not hard at 10 MHz), it would just be a
resistive divider.  If the source impedance is low, it's just more work for
the driver.  If the source includes 50 ohms, that's a 5:1 (1/6) divider so it
probably works if the receivers are reasonably sensitive.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.