[time-nuts] Low noise power supplies?

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 07:23:56 EST 2013

Hi Bert,
No need to block the DC. These instruments already have DC blocks (and a switchable low current DC sink to "hold" the line from the exchange) because the telephone line has a DC voltage of typically 48V on it already.
For comparison I just use 600 ohm termination and dBm, dBmV can be calculated or use a look-up table. To compare a batch you can zero the meter on the first or known good unit and just read the delta.

Robert G8RPI.