[time-nuts] Locked onto LORAN 8970 GRI Monday AM

Bill Riches bill.riches at verizon.net
Tue Feb 5 12:12:20 EST 2013

Hi Paul,

I thought I was receiving Wildwood which is 3 miles or so away but
apparently not.  I nulled out the sig with my LFL1010 loop and get a null
about 30 degrees which is toward Boston but maybe it could be Seneca after
figuring antenna error and Mag variation.  Signal strength with the loop
max is -40 db and null is -60 dbm. I did a conversion and comparison using
my icom 7600 and HP3336 sig gen.  Measuring with the HP 3586 did not agree
with the previous method - I imagine the modulation screws up its reading.
I will play around with the Perseus later and see what that reads.  So - My
question is - what stations are you copying?  I will continue to see if
Wildwood comes up again.  My contact with Wildwood has left the room!

73,

Bill, WA2DVU
Cape May, NJU