[time-nuts] Nifty "MINI TIC" for DMTD

Paul Amaranth Paul at Auroragrp.Com
Fri Feb 8 18:25:09 EST 2013

I use a set of surgical loupes.  For smd work you need 3.5 - 4.0x, but
the major problem with cheap ones is a very small depth of field.

I have a sec of Galilaen loupes marked 3.5x, but are really 2x.  They're
good for general work.  Once you get into 4x, you're into Keplarian
loupes.  I have a set of 4.0x with about a 1cm depth of field that
were pretty cheap; I'm looking to change those out.

The loupes are nice; you get binocular vision and 16-18 inch working
distance.

  Paul

--
Paul Amaranth, GCIH  | Rochester MI, USA
Aurora Group, Inc.   |   Security, Systems & Software