[time-nuts] FRK-L Rubidium

Garren Davis garren.davis at qlogic.com
Fri Feb 8 19:12:22 EST 2013

Been lurking on the list for a while and finally started playing with a FRK-L  rubidium frequency standard. I've had
this thing for a while and decided to power it up and see what it would do. I do not get a lock. What I see is the
lamp voltage at 8.54 volts which I think is good but the xtal control voltage swings from 2 volts to 15 volts and back
to 2 volts and keeps cycling like that. I don't have a good frequency counter but I have a 3 Ghz 40 G/sample scope
and it shows that the 10 MHz signal is there. I just don't know how accurate it is. Has anyone seen a problem like
this? Can anyone point me to a place to start debugging this? I have the schematics and test tools. I am a test
engineer so I'm not afraid to poke around in the guts of this thing. Hopefully I can get this thing running. I also
have a thunderbolt that I'll get running this weekend. I don't know how deep I'll get into this time-nuts thing but
I have this nice scope and a Wavecrest sitting in my garage and I'd like to put them to use. Any help would be appreciated.

Garren

This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.