[time-nuts] FRK-L Rubidium

jmfranke jmfranke at cox.net
Fri Feb 8 19:51:58 EST 2013

How long do you let it run? Does the crystal oscillator oven get warm? If
you let it run more than 15 minutes, and the oven gets hot, the next thing
to check is the output frequency range as the tuning voltage sweeps. Not
having a frequency counter hurts but there are other methods. One is to use
WWV on 10 MHz. You should hear the output slowly sweep through WWV, first on
one side of zero beat and then through zero beat to the other side. If the
beat stays on one side, the VCO needs tweaking to get the sweep somewhat
symmetrical about the 10 MHz WWV signal.

John  WA4WDL