[time-nuts] Z3805A/58503A time receiver : 2 questions

Volker Esper ailer2 at t-online.de
Wed Feb 27 20:12:30 EST 2013

If your unit is exactly like that on ebay 251226027893, it has a 10 MHz
HP oscillator in a double oven, and it's absolutely sure that it's got a
6 channel receiver.

I should have read before, sorry.

I'm still not sure about your antenna, is it a Garmin? Well, it's most
likely an active type, so what gain does it have? If you installed it on
a roof top, it should see sufficient field strength.
Then do that simple test: disconnect your antenna from the receiver unit
and measure with a multimeter the voltage at the center pin of your N
connecter antenna plug. It has to show 5 Volts, otherwise your antenna
can't be working well.

Volker