[time-nuts] Interval Timer Recommendation

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 17:32:36 UTC 2013

>> The manual states that loosing the settings on a 6680 is no big problem ,
>> but on the 6681 you loose the interpolator calibtation. And it sounds
>> like that's not a good thing.
>> I didn't know you had to watch out for Battery on a PM6680/81.
>>
>> CFO - Tnut-Beginner
>> Denmark

The battery in the 6680 is just a CR2032 with legs so it isn't a big deal to
replace it. Attached is a photo showing the 6680 battery in the lower left
corner of the photo with the yellow plastic around it for those who would
like to see what would be involved in changing it. Both the 6680 and the
6680B counters that I own have batteries that have been in at least 6
years and both batteries still read very good so replacing them isn't
something you would have to do often. If you use the math or any of the
other functions where you store a series of steps to recall later, the battery
backed up memory is quite handy. The 6680 in the attached photo is a
little different than most because it has a Datum/Symmetricom X72
rubidium oscillator I installed for the internal time base.

-Arthur

http://i906.photobucket.com/albums/ac262/rjb1998/6680battery_zpsb93793b7.jpg