[time-nuts] 5120A and PM singal

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon Jan 14 18:41:11 UTC 2013

Remember that any instrument that displays phase noise as ℒ(f) is subject to the small-angle constraint, and that includes the 5120A and other gear in its category.   Any amount of PM that shows up at -26 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz is definitely not a "small angle" effect.   See page 40-43 of http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/N9068-90005.pdf , for example.

-- john
Miles Design LLC