[time-nuts] HP 8566A, 8568B and 3585A Noise floor.

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jul 4 11:46:34 EDT 2013

Hi

You really need to know a few things about the Rigol spec:

1) Is it simply a noise measure? If so, at what bandwidth and frequency (narrow will always be lower)?
2) Is it a signal spec? If so with what signal level and settings? Does it include / exclude IMD / harmonics?
3) Is it the spec on the number of screen divisions? (yes, I *have* seen that one)
4) Is it the just spec on the SFDR of the ADC? (assuming it's an ADC -> FFT beast)

Without some qualifiers, the big print spectrum analyzer spec's don't mean a whole lot….

Bob