[time-nuts] HP 8566A, 8568B and 3585A Noise floor.

John Miles john at miles.io
Thu Jul 4 19:44:31 EDT 2013

> Hi John:
>
> How can I make a noise floor plot for my HP 4395A?
> http://www.prc68.com/I/4395A.shtml

Those plots came from my old freeware app ( http://www.ke5fx.com/gpib/pn.htm
).  It supports the 4396A but not the 4395A; see
http://www.ke5fx.com/4396a.gif for the baseline plot that someone sent me a
few years ago.  For some reason HP decided to use a different SCPI
implementation for the 4395A and 4396A models.  I originally thought the
same code would run on both, but no such luck.

If you want to set up a VNC or Remote Desktop connection to a PC connected
to your 4395A, I may be able to add support for it without too much trouble.
Email me offline, if so.

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC