[time-nuts] Tboltmon AMU range

Brian Alsop alsopb at nc.rr.com
Sun Jul 21 07:40:46 EDT 2013

This brings up an interesting point.  There is an azimuth and a weighted
azimuthal display.  The azimuthal display comes out essentially
omnidirectional.  The weighted display produces a heart shaped pattern
with the heart lobes to the NE/SW and a pretty deep null due north.

What weighting is used and why?

Brian

On 7/21/2013 06:55, "Björn" wrote:
> Hi Russ
>
> AMU is a Trimble invented quality unit. I once heard a professor describe
> it as "A Meaningless Unit".
>
> The Tbolt can change between AMU and dBc. With your range, the Tbolt has
> been switched to dBC, it is not showing AMUs.
>
> Approaching 50 with your high elevation SVs is excellent. You have a very
> good setup!
>
> If you wish to check it further, run Lady Heather with the "Signal
> Strength vs Az/El" plot enabled.
>
>      http://www.ke5fx.com/heather/readme.htm
>      http://www.mail-archive.com/time-nuts@febo.com/msg40567.html
>
> --
>      Björn
>
>> I moved my Trimble bullet up the pole to have a 360 degree unobstructed
>> view and now the AMUs for the SVs are reading in the 39-50 range. Is this
>> too high or normal?
>>
>> Russ

-----
No virus found in this message.