[time-nuts] RS 232

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 15:32:20 EDT 2013

I do not understand your question, I am referring to low noise applications
 like counters for dual mixers or other AV measurements, but also Shera and
even  Tbolt where external noise should be kept to a minimum. When you
chase 1 E-14,  isolation is key and I always like to err on the cautious side
and as I stated  we use blue tooth or USB but in the case of USB there are
always H11 in the  circuit. Some still like to use RS 232 and the subject came
up and I have on my  boards H11's like on the counter Corby uses but he
ended up using an external  power source and I like to eliminate that
requirement. David had the right  answer using the power that the RS 232 mouse uses
out of a DB 9, started looking  but I do not have one any more and I can not
find any data.
Bert

In a message dated 7/25/2013 2:48:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,