[time-nuts] Datum 9390 issues & spectracom 8195a woes

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 13:52:01 EDT 2013

Downloaded the manual not too helpful with respect to the schematic.
Further its not clear to me one way or another that the antenna was
actually the first down converter as had been the case with older systems.
A bit of a clue maybe is that the antenna could be up to 350 ft away from
the rcvr.
But assuming it was just an active antenna. Some of the rcvrs need a bit of
current drawn on the antenna port to believe there is an antenna. Try a 450
ohm R to ground.
Oddly though the front panel on these rcvrs normally alarm if they don't
believe they have an antenna.
Good luck
Paul
WB8TSL