[time-nuts] Looking for an old french disertation

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Fri Jun 14 14:51:44 EDT 2013

Attila wrote:

>Hi, I'm looking for an old french diseration,
>which doesn't seem to be available
>electronically (at least i couldn't find it
>anywhere) and none of the libraries in
>switzerland seem to have it. Unfortunately, the
>author died a year ago, so i cannot contact him
>directly anymore. If anyone has an idea where
>and how i could get a copy (in any form) of
>Mécanismes non linéaires dans les résonateurs
>à quartz: théorie, expériences et
>applications métrologiques par Jean-Jacques
>Gagnepain, 1972 I would really appreciate your help.

The best place to start is usually the library of
the institution at which the dissertation was
presented.  If this was Mr. Gagnepain's PhD
dissertation, his UFFC obituary indicates that he
received his PhD from the University of Besançon in 1972.

His early papers may be derived from the
dissertation, including "Non linear effects in
piezoelectric quartz crystals" (Physical
Acoustics vol XI pp 245-288, Academic press 1975).

John Vig listed many of Mr. Gagnepain's IEEE
publications in an addendum to the UFFC obituary:

http://www.ieee-uffc.org/frequency-control/memoria-gagnepain.asp

Best regards,

Charles