[time-nuts] Mounting Suggestions for Morion MV89A

Frederick Bray fwbray at mminternet.com
Fri May 17 22:18:15 EDT 2013

The second harmonic is -36 dBm, the third 43, and the 10 MHz signal is
consistently around 7.6, so I think I am good to go.

This is a nice little unit for the money.

Thanks also for the various mounting suggestions.  I may decide to mount
the MV89 on stand-offs on the base of the old Ovenaire OCXO.  That unit
uses a loctal tube socket arrangement and reusing the base would retain
the plug-in approach to facilitate future replacement.  If I wanted to
get really creative, I could probably figure out a way to mount the MV89
inside the old enclosure and to mount the trimpot so that it can be
adjusted through the original access hole in the top of the can.
However, that may be too much work for something that will never be seen
once the covers are on the 5110.

Fred