[time-nuts] RPi NTP was Net4501's cheap...

Herbert Poetzl herbert at 13thfloor.at
Sat May 25 13:20:14 EDT 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 05:06:57PM +0000, lists at lazygranch.com wrote:
> Flightradar24 is using beagle bones in their ADS-B/mode-s
> system and will be incorporating MLAT soon. I suspect they work
> well in timing applications.

> That said, the Allwinner they sell on Sparkfun will probably be
> my next SBC. Though not listed on the wiki, they have opensuse
> running on it.

> BTW, on some linux dists, there is a way to get around the
> clock speed stepping. It may not be universal, but selecting
> "performance" works on opensuse for Arm.

The speed stepping (and similar performance control mechanisms)
are managed by so called 'governors' which are part of the
kernel, and thus do not really depend on the distro.

they can be loaded (as modules) or compiled into the kernel
and they can be controlled via userspace tools or via the
sysfs entries.

HTH,
Herbert