[time-nuts] PI Math question

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 05:54:05 EDT 2014

Ulrich

That is correct, none of these simple code blocks form a controller.
This is just a block of code that could be used for the PI gain function of
a controller.
In a complete controller the input to this gain block would typically come
from a pre-filter,
and the prefilter's input from the error difference between the setpoint and
the feedback, etc.
I wanted to keep the math as simple as possible by only including this
section of code.

My question was does the math in these four blocks of code all provide the
same exact input to output function.
What the code is being used for is not really relevant to the answer.

simple example:
Does the code X = 3Y  have the same input to output function as X = 4 + 2 +
(1+2) *Y - 6?
Just because they look different does not mean they are different.
The question was meant to be a simple math exercise like does 3y = (1+2)y?
The answer does not need any high level math or depend on the value of y or
what the code is being used for.

ws