[time-nuts] NPLTime - a new service

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Thu Aug 14 15:24:27 EDT 2014

David

>The National Physical Laboratory (NPL) has signed a distribution
>agreement with trading technology company Intergence to deliver
>NPLTime - a new service providing a precise time signal directly
>traceable to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and independent of GPS.

Great, if you live in Canary Wharf.  (There will be one hub in the
London Docklands, according to the 2-page brochure, with the "last
mile" delivered by dedicated, certified Ethernet link from NPL's rack
at the hub to the customer's premises.)  Clearly designed to serve
the financial industry.  One nice feature is that traceability is
certified to the customer's premises.

I'd love to know what it costs (when speculating, keep in mind that
it was designed to serve the financial industry and is likely priced
accordingly).

Also, are customers contractually prohibited from selling further
distribution of certified time services?

Best regards,

Charles