[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz 3210 Cesium Standard

Chris syseng.greenfield at btconnect.com
Thu Aug 28 17:47:47 EDT 2014

On 08/28/14 19:53, Javier Herrero wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Then it is a quite different beast to the EUDICS 3120, that they also
> call OSA-3120... I note now that yours is a 3210, not 3120 :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Javier

The 3210 looks like a much earlier design, prior to the inclusion of
microprocessor control. Date codes look mid eighties, by which time
companies like FTS did have microprocessor control. Maybe their later
design products ran in parallel because of gov or esa contracts. In
theory, the more straightforward hardware design should make it easier
to keep running, tube life permitting, assuming the info can be found.

Thanks for sending it anyway - it all adds to the sum of knowledge...

Regards,

Chris