[time-nuts] Oscilloquartz 3210 Cesium Standard

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 28 19:23:35 EDT 2014

FTS had a patent on microcontroller steered cesium, which could
naturally have limited the spreading time of that technology.

Oscilloquartz at the time where more focused on the telecommunication
market and meeting the ITU-T G.811 PRC quality requirement, keeping
within +/. 1E-11 in frequency, and that is achievable with the analog
design, so no rush changing it.

FTS and HP where more into time-keeping, so therefore improving the
design made more market sense for them.

Anyway, that's about how I have perceived the market at the time.

Cheers,
Magnus