[time-nuts] Time-Nuts Digests displays strange...

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Aug 29 11:38:39 EDT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:25:06 -0700
"Burt I. Weiner" <biwa at att.net> wrote:

> Starting with time-nuts Digest, Vol 121, Issue 70, all of the posts
> in a digest are running together with no breaks between individual
> posts, just one long paragraph.  Looking at any digests prior to that
> time, they still display normally.

A general plea from my side here:

If there is no special reason for you to use Digest mode, please
switch it off. Digest mode breaks one very important feature that
enables handling mailinglists with a huge number of discussions:

Threading

Threading is based on the ID that each mail carries. If you reply
to a mail, your reply will have a (hidden) field that says it's
a reply to mail with ID x. If you use digest mode, this does not
work, because there are no individual mail IDs anymore.

And at times, figuring out to which mail someone replied can be
rather difficult, so having the ID helps enormously to gain the
context of the discussion.

Thanks everyone.

			Attila Kinali

--
I pity people who can't find laughter or at least some bit of amusement in
the little doings of the day. I believe I could find something ridiculous