[time-nuts] TIC model

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Feb 20 04:07:24 EST 2014

R2 is dominated by the adc sample switch on resistance and thus has a
relatively high  tempco (~4000ppm/C).
C2 has a relatively low tempco (~100ppm/C or so)

To reduce the effect of the sample switch on resistance tempco on the
gain tempco of the TIC R1 C1 need to be proportioned so that R2 has
little effect on the gain temcpo.
R1 = 470 ohm, C1 = 1nF (NPO) appears to be about right for a 2.5MHz
synchroniser clock and the PIC you intend to use.

This should reduce the effect of the sample switch on resistance tempco
by a factor of 10 or more.

The minimum value of R1 is governed by the output resistance of the
tristate buffer and its tempco.

Bruce