[time-nuts] Trouble with Timelab and HP-5370B

Paul A. Cianciolo paulc at snet.net
Tue Jan 21 17:14:39 EST 2014

Gentleman,

A few years back I had a HP5370b working with TimeLab.

I find myself with a number of OCXO's that I would like to characterize.

However I cannot seem to configure either TimeLab or the HP-5370B properly
any longer.

Here is the configuration

Running TimeLab 1.2

Prologix 6.95 USB to GPIB converter

GPIB Configurator ID's COM4 USB PORT, and GPIB 17

I see no data in the monitor box

Device manager says the driver is FTDI Date 7/12/2013 version 2.8.30.0

Digital signer MS Window Hardware

I have been searching the internet to see if these setting are correct. But
no luck on that.

The HP5370B is on, counting

10 MHz on start and stop inputs

Function ---TI

Statistics ---Mean

Sample size ----1

Arming -----T1 only

Start and Stop Lights flashing

I am sure this is a fundamental problem but it eludes me.

Thank you

Paul A. Cianciolo

W1VLF