[time-nuts] FASTTRAX GPS Antenna power

jim s jwsmail at jwsss.com
Fri Jul 11 09:53:25 EDT 2014

On 7/10/2014 10:02 PM, Bob Stewart wrote:
> I'm a bit confused about what you're asking.  You discuss antennas but you show pictures of a GPS receiver.  They're not the same thing.  I use a puck antenna.  They cost about $6 on ebay, and take their power from the coax.  Normally your GPS receiver supplies power to the coax, so you don't have to do anything special, other than don't short it out.
>
> Bob
Read the page at the bottom.  Tom showed supplying power to the GPS unit
for Primary and Secondary power.  The Antenna power supply pin is not
mentioned.

I have a puck antenna, which needs power, and I'm just asking if anyone
has an opinion about whether this particular unit may supply the power
w/o connecting pin 1.

W/o the page to reference that you would not have the thing that is
confusing me.

So, does this unit have some option that supplies the power to the
antenna, or do I need to run the power to the antenna thru pin 1? And
can I hook up the same +3.3 to all three supply pins?  Or should I hook
up a separate antenna supply, and assume the ground for that supply is
the pin 8?

Jim