[time-nuts] Setting Windows XP clock.

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sat Jul 12 20:27:02 EDT 2014

You don't need an app.

1. Right click on the time display in the task bar.
2. Select 'Adjust Date/Time'.
3. Click on the 'Internet Time' tab.
4. Type in any server you want.  I suggest 'us.pool.ntp.org'.  This
gives you access to a pool of servers so that if one is down or wrong,
the next one will correct the error.

This isn't just for XP.  Any program or OS that accesses an NTP server
by name can do this.  If you don't need the kind of precision or
tracking that a full NTP client provides, using the server pool is
probably the best way to go.

Ed