[time-nuts] Setting Windows XP clock.

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Sun Jul 13 14:16:32 EDT 2014

A good workaround is to set up a local area network. Have a "bridge" machine
connected to the internet and then have a second network port and use that
to connect your XP boxes.

I have two projects which require XP and this is what I use - private
networks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network
The bridge machine talks to my DSL router as 192.168.0.0/16
My in-house XP boxes talk to the bridge as 10.0.0.0/8
The two networks never see each other.

This is basically the same technique as Esa is talking about with the
Network Address Translation (NAT) firewall only you have an actual computer
(storage and ability to download stuff off the net) instead of just a
dedicated box.

This lets me get stuff from the internet, post it on the bridge machine and
have the XP box get it.

In a time case, you could set the bridge machine as your local time server
and the XP box could synch to it.

DaveH