[time-nuts] Setting Windows XP clock.

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 13 13:44:56 EDT 2014

Now that I think back, I had a couple of XP systems where the system was
configured to get time from the Internet, but the service silently
failed.  You could click on the 'update now' button and would be
informed that the update was successful but the time was still wrong.
Stopping and starting the service fixed the problem for maybe a week and
then it would fail again.  The only unique factor to these two systems
was that they had AMD processors and therefore, the 'Cool'n'Quiet'
driver to control CPU speed.  Since one of those systems was a media
system running a PVR program, the time had to be correct so that
recordings started and stopped on schedule.  I ended up running
Dimension4 on those systems.

Ed