[time-nuts] 1903 Railroad self-Winding / Self-setting Clock

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 10:27:35 EDT 2014

It certainly depends on your comfort with any particular technology.
Be it discrete ICs or microprocessors what you ask for is indeed trivial to
do.
The hardest part may be building the pulse driver and thats not really hard.
The telegraphs should have been a higher voltage to drive a 10-20 ma
current across the coil.
Leap second do not play into the operation as in 1900 there were not any.
Humor aside
Since the clock recals every hour (I suspect it runs slightly slow so that
the hand advances to 0) Then a leap second washes out 1 hour after it
happens.
I would just grab one of the rediculously cheap neo GPS modules and an
atmel tiny chip micro. But thats me.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL