[time-nuts] Lucent KS-24361 GPSDO arrived today several questions

Alan Hochhalter alanh137 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 21:09:00 EST 2014

I got in a hurry and made mistake #1 listed by Bob a few replies back.  I
hooked one up to the RS422/1PPI port transmit pins (same as on J8) and was
receiving data fine in the PC so I just hooked up the other pair of
terminals to the receive pins for J8 and couldn't get any response to
commands.

I finally found that I had initially connected the Lucent box ouput pins to
the wrong terminals on the converter.  The Time code data on J6 was still
getting into the PC even though it was connected wrong.  So I just wired
the Lucent box input pins to the other pins on the converter that are
really inputs and couldn't get J8 sto work either.

What I ended up with to make it work is: J8-9 to RX-, J8-5 to RX+, J8-8 to
TX- and T8-4 to TX+.

Alan