[time-nuts] rs-422 rs-232 to fast ethernet converter

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Sat Nov 22 18:12:57 EST 2014

This kind of device is great, works fine, but hold on to your wallet! I'd look
on epaY for something like this... If bought new, it'll cost more than the
KS...
Don

Graham
> I have been contemplating how I will would like to interface to the
> KS-23461 devices using rs-422.
>
> One option is a rs-422 to USB cable. Seems easy enough.
>
> But another option I keep stumbling across is a rs-422/rs-232 to fast
> ethernet such as:
>
> http://www.transition.com/TransitionNetworks/Products2/Family.aspx?Name=SDSFE3110-120
>
> Frankly, I have no first hand knowledge or experience with these
> devices. First glance suggests that it might just be what I want - easy
> access to the KS-23461 ports through a connection to my local network
> without having a PC of some sort close by.
>
> So, any first hand experience with such devices? Good idea or bad?
>
> cheers, Graham ve3gtc

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it."
 -George Bernard Shaw

Dr. Don Latham AJ7LL
Six Mile Systems LLC