[time-nuts] KS-24361 EFC Error

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Aug 11 20:37:33 EDT 2015

Hi

I think the salient detail on that data sheet is the phrase “up to” in front of the +/- 10V number. There
is little doubt that HP bought these to a custom spec. They certainly bought enough for that to be the
case. Single sided (zero to something) DAC’s are easier / cheaper / smaller to implement these days
than double side versions. That was true (but less so) back two decades ago when they designed these beasts.
There are far more OCXO’s made with 0 to Vref on the EFC than any of the other flavors.

Bob