[time-nuts] "Vanguard Ultra precision Golden Oscillator"

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Aug 23 08:33:59 EDT 2015

Hi

A few things I would wonder about:

1) Is it 0.1 ppm over 0 to 50C (or some other range)? If not, what is the temperature stability?
2) Does it run at 3.3V -or- at 5V (pick one) or do they run equally well at either voltage?
3) Since there is no EFC, is 0.1 ppm the set tolerance? If it’s not, what is the initial accuracy?

Lots of questions, there’s not much information there. That may be due to the seller not
having the information. It also may just be because nobody ever asked. The term TCXO can
mean a variety of things to a different people ….

The most encouraging thing is that there *is* a phase noise spec on it.

Bob