[time-nuts] "Vanguard Ultra precision Golden Oscillator"

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Aug 23 11:11:53 EDT 2015

Hi

If they are indeed grabbing anything in that package and re-labeling it, I would
be very careful. True TCXO’s (full compensation network) in that package are
relatively rare compared to the enormous number of “precision XO’s” made
in the same package. The XO’s had no real compensation. They simply
relied on a packaged crystal to deliver a tighter stability than the open blank
DIP XO’s of the same era.

The other obvious issue of a relabel process would be that the one I get and
review likely has no relation at all to the one you get and try to use. We could
 have parts each built to totally different specs and each made by who knows who.

Bob