[time-nuts] Lucent RTFG-u DE-9 connectors

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 22:04:10 EDT 2015

The connectors are the same but the mounting posts that
are tapped for 4-40 screws that are used on two of the
connectors are not used on the other DB type connectors
and they use a quick disconnect type of post. The mating
connector on the cable end has a piece on each side of
the connector shell that has a slotted hole on the side
of the slide that faces the RFTG and this piece slides
side to side and grabs the head of the post on the RFTG
that looks like a small round button and this locks the
cable onto the unit. On the few connectors that you would
be using I would change those small button head posts for
the threaded ones and leave the rest as they are.

I saw a lot of these quick locking connector shells on
industrial routing equipment in the 1990s and hated them.

-Arthur