[time-nuts] Looking for ECL divide by 3 with symmetry

Bill Byrom time at radio.sent.com
Sun Sep 27 22:13:54 EDT 2015

Division by an odd factor requires clocking off both edges of the incoming clock if you wish to achieve a 50% duty cycle output. So the output duty cycle is affected by the duty cycle and response to the possibly different risetime and falltime of the incoming clock. I would think that for the best immunity from these effects you would need to use a differential amplifier to get clean rising edges from both incoming edges. But this may be too much detail ... see the following link for some examples of how to divide by odd numbers:
http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/AND8001-D.PDF
--
Bill Byrom N5BB