[time-nuts] GALILEO online: any changes seen?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 13:40:12 EST 2016

From: Mark Sims

Fire up Lady Heather v5,   start it with the -rxu option to speak Ublox
binary.  Enter the keyboard command SG.  That will let you see which GNSS
systems are in use and let you change them.  My M8 (fw 3.01) lets me select
Galileo, but I see no Galileo sats.

To get the receiver back to NMEA, use the !m keyboard command.
===============================

Mark,

Just so that I understand correctly, that would mean compiling and running
LH5 on the Raspberry Pi?  I recall you said that was possible.

However, another source has told me that a firmware upgrade is required, and
that the MAX M8Q isn't field programmable, and that the ones I have are not
the -10 version which includes Galileo.

So I'm stymied for a while!

I've made a note of how to do it, though.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk