[time-nuts] HPZ3801 Failure

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Thu Feb 4 13:39:50 EST 2016

Wes

Some one reversed engineered the supply about 10 years ago and they
posted the schematic on the WEB....The web link I have no longer works
so I will email you the schematics of the supply direct.

I will check to see if the files are not already up on KO4BB and if not
I will post them up there for every one

That being said while troubleshooting my own supply this week I have
learned the following
1) The supply  ( is not a switcher) can be troubleshot on the bench
removed ( and unplugged from from the Z3801A.
2) The supply is basically A pre-regulator and two DC-DC converters.By
cutting one trace you can separate the two and bypass the preregulator
which seems to me to be overkill if you using a good regulated DC supply
to feed the thing 36 or more volts into the DC/DC converters is fine
3) The smaller DC-DC converter supplies 5V only ( probably for the
receiver ???)
4) The larger Lucent converter supplies =15V / -15V /+5V
5) all the DC-DC outputs can be supplied with separate DC supplies of
good quality

Dave
NR1DX
ArtekManuals.com