[time-nuts] Older Endrun GPS-synchronized NTP servers stopped serving time over the weekend

Steve Grandi grandi at noao.edu
Tue Feb 16 09:00:26 EST 2016

Our Endrun Unison units stopped serving NTP time over the weekend.  At least they reverted to Stratum 16 and did not give out “crazy” time like our Tymserve did last year!

See

http://www.endruntechnologies.com/support.htm

for information on firmware fixes.  After said fix, our Unisons are back serving NTP time.

The virtues of having multiple NTP servers of different vintage and different manufacture!  Our Endrun Sonoma, HEOL upgraded Tymserve and Trimble units had no problems and kept our telescopes pointed to the proper places in the sky.
--
Steve Grandi
National Optical Astronomy Observatory/AURA Inc., Tucson AZ USA