[time-nuts] Ovenaire Precision Crystal Oscillator

skipp Isaham skipp025 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 15:38:01 EST 2016

Hello again to the Group,

Someone just handed me an Ovenaire Precision Crystal Oscillator mounted
on to a PC board with a few added components (metering test point jacks,
a two transistor buffer amplifier driver).

This is a 4 pin connection, PC board mount type/model Precision Crystal
Oscillator module. I've searched the web pretty well and can't fine much on
this specific module. Or much information about the current status of Kidde
Ovenaire Division in Charlottesville Virgina.

The supporting PC board circuit is a good indicator of the obvious connections
being +DC power (normal operating potential still unknown), ground and the
oscillator output.

Would anyone care to venture a suggestion and/or guess what the remaining
4th available pin is for when separated from the current connection, where right
now it appears to also be strapped to the +DC potential.

And what your reasonable expected nominal operating potential for this type
of crystal oscillator might be?

Additional information:

Kidde OVENAIRE Division
Model OSC 74-14-1